Checkbox utilizes a framework called “Graphite” for its mobile templates. You can view the open source repository on github here : https://github.com/driftyco/
To generate your own new custom theme:
1. Investigate the .yaml files in the themes folder. Simple take one of the existing .yaml files, copy it, give it a name that you want, and modify the 3 hex codes inside of the file.
2. Next, add a line to the makefile ( in the root ) that appears like :@python helper/painter.py themes/water.yaml
3. Replace water.yaml with the name of your file .yaml.
4. Run the makefile
5. Your new theme will be generated in the docs/themes folder.
To add a new theme to Checkbox:
1. Add the entire theme folder to the root\resources\mobile_themes folder in Checkbox.
2. Run the following script ( be sure to replace water with the name of your new template)
EXEC ckbx_sp_MobileStyles_Add N’Water’, N’~/Resources/mobile_themes/
3. After this recycle your application pool, and your new theme should be accessible.