Checkbox’s latest version, 2017 Q2, will be deployed to Checkbox Online as well as being made available to all Server and Enterprise customers with an active support contract soon. The SDK and Source Code should be available shortly after. Detailed release notes can be found below.
If you would like to reactivate your support contract in order to receive access to the latest version, please contact our sales department.
Expected release dates are as follows,
|Checkbox Online – US||6/14/2017|
|Checkbox Online – Canada||6/14/2017|
|Checkbox Online – EU||6/22/2017|
|Checkbox Server – Enterprise||6/20/2017|
|Checkbox Server – SDK||6/22/2017|
Important Notes About Patching or Upgrading to 2017 Q2:
- Patch versus Upgrade: If you are currently on version 4.7, please follow the Upgrade Guide to upgrade to version 2017 Q2. If you are currently on any version of 5 or 6 (including 2014 Q4, 2015 Q1, or 2015 Q2), please follow the Patch Guide.
- Test Your Upgrade/Patch: We strongly recommend that you test your patch or upgrade in a test environment before updating your production environment. As always, please backup your database before patching or upgrading.
- Messaging Service: Customers that are using the Checkbox messaging service in any version prior to 2017 Q2 will need to follow the UpgradeMessagingService.pdf guide located in the Documentation folder. Failure to update the messaging service will cause issues with the application and invitations. Earlier versions of the messaging service are no longer supported by Checkbox 2017 Q2.
- System Requirements: The minimum system requirements for Checkbox have changed with the 2017 Q2 update. Please review the system requirements in the Upgrade, Path, or Installation documentation guide for more information and to ensure that your server meets the new requirements.
- Application-wide Localization
- The Checkbox user interface is now available in both English and French-Canadian
- On-Premises (Server) edition customers can translate the application into other languages of their choosing
- Survey Language Toggle
- New setting added to allow respondents to change the language of a survey to any available language options at any time during their response
- Quick Report
- Allows for one-click summary report creation, based on the default report settings
- Header / Footer in mobile templates
- New option to allow for the header and footer of a style template to be included on the mobile version of a survey, even when a mobile template is selected
- Single Sign On
- Checkbox now supports Single Sign On utilizing the JWT framework.
- Report filter management has been overhauled.
- Manage Filters, Apply Filters, Date Filter menu items have all been removed
- “Filters” menu item has been added, all functionality that existed under the removed menu items has been moved into this new, easier to use, UI.
- Several system settings that are no longer utilized have been removed
- Default Chart Style
- Default Mobile / Tablet Styles
- Default mobile template has been added to replace these settings
- The “Performance” section
- Allow Exclusionary ACL Entries
- Group Cache Size
- Simple Security
- “Location” step of add report item dialog has been removed
- System Settings cog wheel has been removed. System settings can now be accessed from the “Account Information” drop down.
- “CurrentScore” item can no longer be added to surveys. Please use the HTML / Message item and use @@CurrentScore. Any existing CurrentScore items will be left unchanged.
- Resolved issues with the style template for email response items could be lost during an application patch
- Several issues related to the report item “Average Score Per Page” have been resolved
- Resolved errors with reports caused by Matrix items containing no rows
- Resolved issues related to hidden items not blocking certain reserved query string values
- [Checkbox Online] Resolved issues which could cause an error message when viewing billing information
- Resolved several bugs related to the style editor not saving custom entries properly
- Resolved an issue where a report viewer could export responses under specific conditions
- Resolved issues related to Drop Down Item → Combo Box and the “other” option.
- Resolved several issues related to the way the application displays dates and times based on the time zone set under the system settings
- JPEG files should not be recognized as images when using the “Upload File” option in the question text editor
- Resolved several style issues with the “Select Response” page
- Resolved several issues with caching of user profile property fields
- Resolved issues related to IE 11 and the Slider and Rank order with images items
- Resolved issues with tooltips and adding special characters to question text
- Resolved issues where the rating item would not reset when using the “Form Reset” feature
- Moment.js Plugin has been updated to version 2.18.2 to prevent a DDOS vulnerability in the plugin
- Open Auth support has been removed. Relevant nodes in the web.config file have been removed.
- Checkbox\Api directory has been removed. Please utilize Checkbox\Services instead.
- Large number of unused SQL Scripts have been removed from the Install\SqlScripts directory
- Minimum Supported .NET Framework changed to .NET 4.6.1
- [WebServices] InvitationManagementService.UpdateInvitation has been updated to include ReminderBody and ReminderSubject fields
- [WebServices] InvitationManagementService.AddScheduledInvitationActivity has been added. This allows anyone with the Checkbox messaging service to schedule reminders and invitations easily using the web services.
- [WebServices] ResponseDataService.ExportResponseTabular method has been altered. If not responses exist that match the filters applied, the method will return a “dummy” empty response . This ensures the format of the response from Checkbox is uniform with every call.
- [SQL] Stored Procedure ckbx_sp_Timeline_ClearByPrincipal has been corrected to no longer specify dbo in the stored procedure
*** Due to the amount of changes to Checkbox with this release, if you have an integration that connects to our web services you may need to alter your code, or update your service endpoints.
There have been a large number of underlying code changes made to the structure of the application. If you have any customizations built against Checkbox please read through the other notes in the release notice on the right hand side.