What does Checkbox 6 include?
Checkbox 6 includes several new features, including:
- Redesigned Interface – Checkbox 6 features a completely overhauled interface that is not only more appealing, but also easier to use.
- Live Search and Filter – The Universal Search field is now a massive application-wide live search engine that displays phrase matches as you type. In addition to Universal Search, the same live search functionality is used for filtering list results for surveys, users, and other entities within Checkbox, allowing you to quickly and effortlessly locate desired information.
- Recent Activity Timeline – Version 6 introduces a real-time activity log on your account’s survey dashboard. It is now easier than ever to track and view the history of a survey, user, style, or report.
- Help Tool Tips – Due to the feature-rich nature of the application, configuring survey settings and permissions can sometimes be overwhelming for new Checkbox users. To help guide users through these settings, we’ve added “help tool tips” to the Survey Settings area of the Survey Editor. A help tool tip activates when a user hovers over a settings option, providing a description of that option. This in-application resource promotes a seamless and user-friendly workflow.
- Favorite Surveys – Checkbox now allows you to “star” your favorite surveys, which tags them as favorites and makes them much easier to find and access.
- Survey Editor Preview – Upon entering the Survey Editor, users now see a full survey preview on the right-hand side of the window. This in-editor preview auto-refreshes when changes are made and allows users to assess the survey as a whole, before making changes or additions.
- Performance Enhancements – We’ve improved overall performance in Checkbox 6, including page load and export times.
- SQL 2012 and Windows Server 2012 Support
What else do I need to know about Checkbox 6?
With the release of version 6, we have decided to make a few additional changes to the structure of our server licenses. Starting with version 6, only Checkbox Server Enterprise licenses will include support for Active Directory and Web Farms.
Who has access to version 6?
All Checkbox Server customers with active support contracts will have free access to version 6. Please see the chart below for more details regarding the download you will have access to.
|If you purchased…||During this time period….||You will receive this Checkbox 6 license at no charge.|
|Checkbox Enterprise||2010-2013||Checkbox 6 Enterprise (unlimited users)|
|Checkbox Server||2010-2013||Checkbox 6 Server (5 users)|
|Additional user licenses||2010-2013||Same number of Checkbox 6 additional users.|
|Checkbox Server Professional||2007-2010||Checkbox 6 Server (5 users)|
|Checkbox Server Workgroup||2007-2010||Checkbox 6 Server (5 users)|
|Checkbox Server or Checkbox Single Server||2007-2009||Checkbox 6 Server (5 users)|
|Checkbox Enterprise||2007-2009||Checkbox 6 Server (5 users)|
|Any Ultimate Survey Server License||2002 – 2007||Checkbox 6 Server (5 users)|
** If you would like access to a different Checkbox 6 license than your current account permits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to discuss your options with you. If your support contract has expired but you would like to receive Checkbox 6, please also email email@example.com for renewal pricing.
How do I get Checkbox 6?
Once we announce the release, please visit the Product Download section of your Customer Support area and click the link that says “Request access to version 6”. Once approved, your Checkbox 6 download will appear within your Product Download area within 24 hours.
If you would like to preview Checkbox 6 before upgrading or testing on your development servers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to set up a free online trial for you.