Checkbox’s latest version, 2018 Q2, will be available for Checkbox Online customers and on-premises customers with an active support contract very soon. Detailed release notes can be found below.
If you would like to reactivate your support contract in order to receive access to the latest version, please contact our sales department.
Dates below are in MM/DD/YYYY format.
Expected release dates are as follows:
|Checkbox Online – US||5/17/2018||X|
|Checkbox Online – Canada||5/17/2018||X|
|Checkbox Online – EU||5/23/2018||X|
|Checkbox Server – Enterprise||5/24/2018||X|
|Checkbox Server – SDK||5/24/2018||X|
Important Notes About Patching or Upgrading to 2018 Q2:
- Patch versus Upgrade: If you are currently on version 4.7, please follow the Upgrade Guide to upgrade to version 2018 Q2. If you are currently on any version of 5 or 6 (including 2014 Q4 through 2017 Q4)), please follow the Patch Guide.
- Test Your Upgrade/Patch: We strongly recommend that you test your patch or upgrade in a test environment before updating your production environment. As always, please backup your database before patching or upgrading.
- Messaging Service: Customers that are using the Checkbox messaging service in any version prior to 2017 Q2 will need to follow the UpgradeMessagingService.pdf guide located in the Documentation folder. Failure to update the messaging service will cause issues with the application and invitations. Earlier versions of the messaging service are no longer supported by Checkbox 2018 Q2.
- System Requirements: The minimum system requirements for Checkbox have changed with the 2018 Q2 update. Please review the system requirements in the Upgrade, Path, or Installation documentation guide for more information and to ensure that your server meets the new requirements.
- GDPR Compliance Features — Below are some additional features that we have developed in order to help us and our customers comply with data privacy obligations under GDPR, which takes effect on May 25, 2018. For more details, please read our article on GDPR compliance as it relates to Checkbox.
- Response Summary Print Option — An optional button can be added to the Response Summary item, allowing respondents to easily print their response or save it to PDF. Survey admins can also now choose to include user profile properties and respondent IP address in the Response Summary in order to provide respondents with a record of all their personal data that is stored with that response in Checkbox.
- GDPR Privacy Footer for Surveys — Survey admins can enable a footer on their surveys that links to GDPR privacy information for the respondent. On-premises customers have the ability to overwrite the default privacy text with their own privacy information.
- Opt-in on Self Registration Form — Survey respondents who are self-registering for their own respondent user account in Checkbox must now opt in to receiving surveys and other necessary communications when they sign up.
- Archive Surveys — Survey admins can now archive surveys that are no longer in use. Archived surveys will not display in the default survey list on the survey dashboard and will also become unavailable for respondents to take. The Delete Survey option has also been moved so that it is only available for archived surveys, in order to prevent accidental deletion.
- Export Users — This features gives user and system admins the ability to export users and groups from the user interface to a .csv file. This functionality was previously only available through the Checkbox API.
- Dynamic Links* — This feature allows survey admins to generate short links using “Firebase Dynamic Link” feature. This must be configured through the system settings by a system admin first, and requires a Firebase API key.
- The Star Rating item is now mobile compatible.
- Resolved an issue that could cause styles to be deleted when marked as not editable
- Resolved an issue that could cause “Invitee” to not populate in an email response item
- Resolved an issue with the matrix sum total report item
- Resolved an issue that could cause the Word Cloud to generate different results when refreshing a report
- Resolved incorrect field names on Launch survey wizard
- Resolved a security issue with the user import from a file process
- Creation of email lists has been removed. Going forward, please utilize “Groups” instead of email lists.
- Password Reset email text has been changed to have more clear messaging.
*Documentation on the Firebase Dynamic Link feature will be released shortly.