Your survey responses can be exported in order to run reports outside of Checkbox or import the results into another system or database. Responses can be exported as a .csv file, which can be opened in Excel, or as a .sav file, which is used by SPSS and other statistical reporting software.
1. Choose the Export Responses option
- From the main survey list or from within the survey editor, go to the Responses tab for your survey
- Click the export icon, then Export Responses
2. Choose your Export Options
- Export Mode: Choose between Standard CSV (can be opened in Excel), SPSS Compatible CSV, or SPSS Native Format. Max Diff CSV will be required only if you included a Max Diff question in your survey.
- Detailed Response Info: Includes information about the survey response, including the response ID, response GUID, start and end date/time, total time, last edit date/time, IP address, language, username, invitee.
- Detailed User Info: Includes contact profile properties associated with each response such as email address, first name, last name, etc.
- Merge Checkbox Results: Exports answers to each checkbox question in a single cell, separated by commas. If you leave this unchecked, answers to checkbox questions will be exported as one answer per column.
- Export Open-Ended Results: Includes open-ended text answers (multi and single-line) in the export.
- Export With Aliases: Exports any question or answer aliases that you created, rather than the standard question or answer text.
- Export Hidden Items: Exports the Hidden Items that are associated with each response.
- Export Incomplete Responses: Includes survey responses that were started but not completed/submitted in the export.
- Strip HTML tags from answers: Removes HTML formatting from open-ended responses for a cleaner look.
- Export rank order points: Exports point values, rather than item position, for any rank order questions in your survey.
- Include test responses: Includes responses marked as “test” in the export.
- Detailed Score Info: Includes score by page and possible score by page in your export, in addition to total survey score.
3. Export and open your file
- Files will be automatically downloaded to your Downloads folder when you click ‘Export’
- You can now open the file in the software of your choosing