Security update #2 for version 2017 Q2 has been applied for Checkbox Online (hosted) customers and is now available for Checkbox Server (on-premises) customers.
If you have any questions about the update, please contact our support team. These security updates will also contain any minor bug fixes that can be included without the need for a full patch.
How to apply the update (Server customers only):
Versions before 2017 Q2
If you have not already updated to 2017 Q2, then you need to take no additional action other than to follow the patch guide to 2017 Q2.
Currently on 2017 Q2
If you have already updated to 2017 Q2 before the date of the update’s release, then you can apply the update by overwriting all files in your installation except the web.config file and the config folder. Unlike patches, these security updates can be implemented without disabling HTTPs.
The security updates are built into 2017 Q2. To download them you can log into the customer support area, and re-download 2017 Q2 on the right-hand side.
If you are using the SDK / Developer edition please contact support for assistance in applying security updates.
Details on Security Update 2
Released on 8/15/2017
- Resolved an issue where patching could cause loss of style templates assigned to Email Response items
- Resolved an issue related to CSV exports when running on a web farm/load balanced environment
- UpdatedInvitation API method has been updated to return an error when no company profile has been set up
- Resolved an issue preventing the Matrix Sum Total item from validating the total when the item is not marked as required
- Resolved an issue with Single Line Text Item with alpha-numeric validation where non-English alpha-numeric characters could not be validated
- Resolved a performance issue when exporting text for a survey