What are Style Templates?
Styles templates are reusable templates that you create under the main Styles menu and then apply to your survey(s). Style templates allow you to:
- Add custom logos, headers and footers
- Add background images or colors
- Standardize font styles and sizes across your entire survey (so you don’t need to set the font for each question)
- Add elements like progress bars to your survey
- Add custom css to further customize the look and feel of your survey
Do I need to use Style Templates?
No, you do not need to apply a style template to your survey. If you don’t, the default styling will be applied. We do, however, recommend that you apply a style template to make the most of Checkbox’s branding and style features.
Checkbox comes pre-loaded with several basic style templates. You are welcome to use these as-is, modify them, or create new custom styles. There is no limit to the number of style templates you can create in your account.
Creating a Style Template
1. Click the main Styles menu
2. Click the Create Style button to create a new style template.
3. Customize your style template:
- Name: Give your style template a name. Tip: make it descriptive so it’s easy to remember and find, e.g. “Checkbox Survey Logo Grey Background”
- Font: Choose the font and font size category for your style. You can always modify the fonts of individual items using the item’s HTML editor, but choosing a font for your style template will ensure standard font formatting across your survey.
- Text Colors: Choose the color of your survey and button text. You can always change the color of individual question text in the survey editor, if you need to.
- Backgrounds: Choose the color of your survey’s header, body, and buttons/progress bar. You can choose a standard color or enter your own custom hex code (e.g. #dedede). You may also choose to use an image in the background of the survey body and/or header by clicking the image icon.
- Header: Click Show header and then Edit to display the HTML editor for your survey’s header. Add custom text or click the image icon to add a logo or other image.
- Footer: Click Show footer and then Edit to display the HTML editor for your survey’s footer. Add custom text or click the image icon to add an image to the footer.
- Progress bar: Check off this option to display a % complete progress bar as your respondents move through your survey.
- Allow edits: Check off this option if you’d like other admins to be able to edit your style template.
- Make public: Check off this option if you’d like other admins to be able to apply your style template to their surveys. Tip: You can make styles public but not editable if you’d like other admins to be able to use your style template but not make any changes to it.
Applying a Style Template to Your Survey
1. Edit your survey
2. Click Settings -> Style
3. Choose the style template you’d like to apply to your survey
4. Go to the Preview tab to view your newly-styled survey